Rules for Elora en Plein Air Festival
May 19 to 22, 2022
Welcome to the 5th annual Elora Plein Air Festival.
Artists are invited to capture the charm and warmth of our region. Discover heritage buildings and historic villages; dramatic gorges, lazy rivers, and hidden streams; rolling hillsides and picturesque farms.
SORRY, REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED
WE HAVE THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS FOR THIS YEAR
1st Place winner receives $1000.
2nd Place winner $500.
3rd Place winner $300.
There is also a $200. People’s Choice Award and multiple ‘category’ awards and other events for artists
2022 Elora Plein Air Rules
- Check-in is open on Thursday, May 19th & Friday, May, 20th from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm and on Saturday, May 21st from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Elora Centre for the Arts, 75 Melville St, Elora ON N0B 1S0 Advanced registration is encouraged; however, you may register at check-in, provided we have space. The number of entrants is limited.
- Artists may apply transparent or opaque grounds, without 3-dimensional textures, to their support of choice prior to registration. Supports with drawing or sculptural effects will not be permitted. Each canvas/panel/paper or other support must be stamped on the back PRIOR to painting. No unstamped art will be accepted for the show.
- Each work of art must be started and completed en plein air (outside).
- You are not required to return stamped canvases at the end of the day. You are required to sign that you have followed these rules and regulations, especially #3 above.
- The size of the image is not to exceed 24” x 24” or a maximum of 576 sq” in area. Artists must provide their own materials.
- Artists may paint any subject/scene outdoors throughout the Township of Centre Wellington. Information on a variety of painting locations will be available at registration.
- The show and sale of work will take place on Sunday, May 22nd at the Elora Centre for the Arts from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. There is a preview for our sponsors between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm. We will have an artists’ preview of the show between noon and 1:00 pm when awards will be presented.
- Artists will select their artworks for the sale. A maximum of 3 works per artist will be accepted.
- A 30% commission applies to all sales.
Submission of Art
- Artists must be registered for the event to participate in the show and sale.
- Artwork for the show must be turned in at the Elora Centre for the Arts by 4:00 pm on Saturday, May 21st. Any artwork not to be displayed in the show must be removed at this time.
- Artists may select up to 3 pieces of work they created en plein air during the festival for the show.
- All artwork for the show must have the artist’s name clearly marked on the back as well as the “Plein Air Stamp”. The entry card must be firmly attached stating the artist’s name, title of the work and price. Paintings without the attached entry card will not be shown.
- Works of art must be submitted in a manner that allows for ease of handling and display on an easel or wall.
- Event staff will set up the artwork for the judging process and exhibition.
- Artists should be prepared to leave their artwork until the end of show at 5:00 pm on Sun, May 22nd.
- Unsold artwork may be picked up at the Elora Centre for the Arts on Sunday, May 22nd from 5:00 to 6:00 pm and Monday, May 23rd .
- As an entrant of the 2022 Elora en Plein Air event, I understand that the Elora Fergus Arts Council reserves the right to refuse paintings that do not meet the rules of the competition.
- I declare that the work(s) of art submitted for the show are my own work.
- I acknowledge receipt of the rules governing the event and agree, as a condition of entering the show, that the Elora Fergus Arts Council and the Elora Centre for the Arts may publicize and/or broadcast my name, likeness, photographs of my work and the fact that I participated in the event.
- I acknowledge the Elora Fergus Arts Council and Elora Centre for the Arts assume no responsibility for loss or damage to any work, display or person during this event.
Need Plein Air supplies?
Wyndham Art Supplies is offering a coupon valued at 10% off your entire order before taxes and shipping. The coupon offer is valid between midnight, May 12th, and 11:59 pm, May 28th. You will receive the code for the coupon in an email from us. Order at the store or by phone.
Delivering to the Elora Centre for the Arts:
Wyndham Art Supplies is offering free delivery for any orders placed no later than Monday, May 16th. Artists’ supplies will here for pick at check-in at the Elora Centre for the Arts on Thursday morning. Wyndham Art Supplies will waive the delivery fee for these orders.
The store is located about 25 minutes away in Downtown Guelph and is well worth a visit if you have the chance.
Visit us online at www.wyndhamARTsupplies.com